We run pony camps during school holidays at Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas.
Easter Pony Camp: 6th-17th April 2020
Camps will run from 10.30am to 4.00pm, The last day of camp will have jumping and/or games followed by prize giving.
For more information or booking just give us a call PHONE: 061 353087 | Mary McCarthy (087)2479965 | Gillian McCarthy (085)2790757
Each child must bring their own lunch and be suitably dressed for the weather. Drop off and collection times for camp participants can be arranged to accommodate parents where possible but must be organised in advance.
Pony Camps are a combination of fun and education run throughout the year. Camps are generally three day events which give students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of equestrian activities including flatwork, jumping, treks, pony games, stable management and gymkhana events. Children experience the responsibility of what it takes to have a pony, learning how to groom, tack up and care for a pony on a daily basis. Camps include an average of up to 2 hours riding each day with lessons in stable management and fun games. Camps run at Easter, mid term break, summer time and Christmas. All children are encouraged to take Aire exams which marks their competence in both riding & stable management. Our Christmas show even gets a visit from Santa each year!
A Typical Day at Pony Camp
- Brief Morning lecture in basic stable management
- Mucking out
- Tacking up
- Afternoon Stable management lecture
- – Lecture may include the following:
- The care of the horse
- Types of feed and what to feed a horse/pony
- Learn about the colours and markings of your pony
- Learn the points and parts of the pony
- How to put on a headcollar and leadrope
- Learning how to lead your pony
- Grooming and types of brushes
- Cleaning Tack
- General yard duties
- All participants in pony camps must bring a packed lunch
- All participants in pony camps must bring a packed lunch. All camps are booked and paid for in advance
What to wear?
- All participants must wear an approved helmet (we have a selection of hats that can be borrowed for the lesson)
- All participants must wear suitable foot wear – boot or shoe with a definite heel, no runners
- No hoods, runners, jewellery, drawstrings, scarves or anything that may get tangled or impede your natural movements
- Coats or jackets must be fastened properly and not flapping about
Upcoming Pony Camps
Bookings now taken for our Easter pony camp. The first week runs from the 6th - 10th April. Our 2nd week of camp runs from the 13th - 17th April For bookings call us on (087)2479965 or email email@example.com